Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Ireland Trip: Day 6 (December 13)

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. My last day in Ireland was spent basically being lazy, going on a bus tour with Sarin, Elijah, and Kendall, and recording our session for Balcony TV.

First item: Being Lazy. Nothing much to discuss there.

Second item: Bus tour. The bus tour took us around some small towns on the sea like Howth as well as Malahide castle. Rather than go into any detail, I'll just post a bunch of pictures.








Purty, huh?

Third item: Recording our session for Balcony TV. Balcony TV is this web video series where bands play unamplified on a balcony overlooking a street in Dublin. It's really cool, and I'm honored we got to do it. It took us a few tries to get the song right, but I think it came out well in the end. Look for our session to be posted to the web site January 2nd.

After Balcony.TV, we got crappy pizza at a place that promoted itself as "probably the best pizza in Dublin" and then walked home.

The next day, Sarin and I flew home to Boise. I personally could have used a few more days in Ireland, but even with the expensive problem we had, the six days we had were wonderful. It's going to take a while for me to not wish Boise was Dublin. Such beautiful country, such nice people, and basically a better way to organize cities and transportation compared to what we have here. The fact that we could get what we needed by walking most places was amazing. I would love to have that here. Sigh... Oh well. It's easy to only see the good in a place when you're there for six days. I'm sure after a while I'd be missing Boise.

And thus ends our trip to Ireland and (for some) Scotland. Hope you enjoyed these posts!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I visited that castle last Summer! I found funny the second floor front window was different from the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time was had by all, except when the car broke down and your bad luck with food. still the whelans gig was great from my angle hope you can make it back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we had a great time! I've been missing Ireland a lot, and I was only there for 6 days. Everyone that we met was so nice and it's such a gorgeous country. Such a contrast from where we live in dry Southern Idaho.

    And speaking of Idaho, I've told a lot of people what you said about Idaho being the state that's shaped like a gun pointed at Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete